ashmolean

Finger Ring Collection

C.D.E. Fortnum Most of the Museum�s rings were originally owned by C.D.E. Fortnum, who presented over eight hundred in honour of Queen Victoria�s Diamond Jubilee in 1897. Fortnum�s rings are supplemented by Dame Joan Evan�s �posy rings�, some fine later rings on loan from a private collection, and several other more recent acquisitions.

The entries were compiled by Beth West.